[R] lda source code

Jason Turner jasont at indigoindustrial.co.nz
Thu Oct 2 00:09:20 CEST 2003

Wei Geng wrote:
> Hi Jason, Spencer,
>
> Thanks for the prompt response. The strange thing about MASS is that it's
> not in "Package Sources" as most of other R packages are. It seems to come
> with the binary R installation. I checked out the Rxx/library/MASS on my
> laptop, there are source code (script) for Venables & Ripley's book but no
> source code for lda().

Ah.  On CRAN, the MASS library is part of a bundle called VR.  Download
the source for that.

There are a few bundles on the CRAN source pages - if you encounter this
problem again, just follow the Package Sources link, and search the page
for "MASS" (or whatever the package name is).  Use "Edit->Find", or
Ctrl-F, or whatever.  In the case of MASS, you find this one:

VR:

     Functions and datasets to support Venables and Ripley, `Modern
Applied Statistics with S' (4th edition).
     Bundle of:	MASS class nnet spatial

It's the "Bundle of" part you're looking for.

Cheers

Jason
--
Indigo Industrial Controls Ltd.