[R] r editors

Duncan Murdoch dmurdoch at pair.com
Thu Oct 2 12:49:21 CEST 2003

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 02:56:11 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

>Hi ,
>I am programming on a windows system and have problems
>using notepad which is my main editor.Each time I try
>to open the editor from the R IDE, R crashes.

It shouldn't crash; can you give more details of how you're opening
the editor, and what the symptoms of the crash are?

One thing that might be happening:  if you use

 edit(myfunction)

then Notepad will start, and R will wait for it to finish before doing
anything else.  It hasn't crashed, but it looks like it has until you
shut down Notepad.

Duncan Murdoch