[R] EMACS/ESS problems

Murad Nayal mn216 at columbia.edu
Thu Oct 2 18:30:37 CEST 2003

Hello all,

since we're on the topic of R-editors. I am using emacs/ess on a unix
workstation (to interact with R and have been having a little problem. I
usually write the R commands I need to run in a separate buffer then
copy and paste them into the *R* buffer for evaluation. The problem is,
if any command is spread over multiple lines emacs/R hangs when I paste
it in the R buffer for evaluation. if I use a debugger to see what's
going on in both programs they're usually waiting on a select statement
(input/output). Anybody has had to deal with a similar situation. any
advice for a workaround? both emacs/ess are relatively recent versions
(installed a few months ago). I tried using ess-eval-buffer/region
instead of cutting and pasting and the same thing happens for me.

many thanks

--
Murad Nayal M.D. Ph.D.
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics