[R] (no subject)

silika.tereshchenko@unisg.ch silika.tereshchenko at unisg.ch
Sat Oct 4 15:39:20 CEST 2003

Dear all,

I have the following question. I have to fit the hierarchical model for the
hypothesis concern the individual-level effects by controlling for the
individual -level attributes and national-level contextual effects  on
individuals by using R.

O have to obtain the estimates of the impact of the second-level (national:
GDP per capita) effects on individuals ( in this instance the impact of the
GDP per capita on the attitudes towards the EU enlargement) by allowing
national differences in both slopes (GDP per capita) and interceps.

In R programm for the fitting the hierarchical models i can use the nlme
package. I found a literature (Bryk and Raudenbush) for the hierarchical
models and understood how to build this models by using the survey data.
The question arise if I´m thinking about the combination of the datasets:
the GDP per capita that will be hold as a constant and the survey data for
each respondent.

My question is how I could solve this problem and merge the data in such a
form that should be appropriate for the hieararchical regression model.

Thank a lot in advance for the help,

Silika Tereshchenko