[R] bioconductor installation problem

Weiming Zhang Weiming.Zhang at uchsc.edu
Mon Oct 6 19:20:06 CEST 2003

Hi,

I am having some problems on installing bioconductor packages. I got 7
warnings and those 7 packages were not compiled correctly. I installed
Graphviz by using RPM, but not sure about HDF (I downloaded it and did
what doc says I should do but rhdf5 could not find it). I am running R
1.7.1 on RH linux 7.2. Could anybody give me some idea?

Thank you very much.

wz

Packages Rgraphviz and rhdf5 require special libraries to be installed.
Please see the URL http://www.bioconductor.org/faq.html#Other Notes for
more details on installing these packages if they fail
to install properly

Warning messages:
1: Installation of package Rgraphviz had non-zero exit status in:
installPkg(fileName, pkg, pkgVer, type, lib, repEntry, versForce)
2: Installation of package RBGL had non-zero exit status in:
installPkg(fileName, pkg, pkgVer, type, lib, repEntry, versForce)
3: Installation of package Ruuid had non-zero exit status in:
installPkg(fileName, pkg, pkgVer, type, lib, repEntry, versForce)
4: Installation of package affy had non-zero exit status in:
installPkg(fileName, pkg, pkgVer, type, lib, repEntry, versForce)
5: Installation of package genefilter had non-zero exit status in:
installPkg(fileName, pkg, pkgVer, type, lib, repEntry, versForce)
6: Installation of package multtest had non-zero exit status in:
installPkg(fileName, pkg, pkgVer, type, lib, repEntry, versForce)
7: Installation of package rhdf5 had non-zero exit status in:
installPkg(fileName, pkg, pkgVer, type, lib, repEntry, versForce)