[R] vif() from Design and car

Rajarshi Guha rxg218 at psu.edu
Mon Oct 6 23:03:05 CEST 2003

Hi,
  I've been generating linear models with lm(). I wanted to look at the
VIF's for the coefficient. Using the vif() function from the package
Design, I would get unusually high VIF's.

However using vif() from the car package I get more reasonable values
(ie in line with the quality of the model).

What is the difference between the two vif functions? (I dont have
access to the reference in the Design's vif() help page)

Thanks,

Rajarshi Guha <rxg218 at psu.edu> <http://jijo.cjb.net>
GPG Fingerprint: 0CCA 8EE2 2EEB 25E2 AB04 06F7 1BB9 E634 9B87 56EE