[R] Data Mining Contest, $1500 Grand Prize, Please forward to students and professors.

Lisa Solomon lisas at salford-systems.com
Tue Oct 7 03:17:29 CEST 2003

Apologies for cross-posting.

As part of the CART 2004 Data Mining Conference, we have organized a
student competition focusing on the data mining technology of Leo
Breiman, Jerome Friedman, Richard Olshen, and Charles Stone (CART, MARS,
PRIM, and TreeNet/MART).   We see this as an opportunity for students to
solve a real world data mining problem of personal interest to them
while working with cutting-edge data mining software tools.   Professors
might want to incorporate the contest into projects related to class work.

Complete details can be found on the conference website:
http://www.cartdatamining.com
Please forward this email to students who would have an interest in
participating in a Student Data Mining Competition.  There is a $1500
Grand Prize.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Sincerely,
Lisa Solomon, Contest Administrator