[R] Automatic differentiation of compiled code.

Toby.Patterson@csiro.au Toby.Patterson at csiro.au
Tue Oct 7 07:37:38 CEST 2003

Hi all,
I wondered if anyone had used automatic differentiation libraries (e.g
ADIC/ADOL etc.) in conjunction with R? I have a C shared library that
calculates a likelihood within a wrapper function that gets minimized by
optim. This works OK but it would be nice to also have a function that
calculates the gradient etc of the compiled code.

So I'm not sure how/if this might work in practice and am still at the
stage of making (very) vague enquiries, so any tips or examples would be
very gratefully received.

Cheers
Toby

Toby Patterson