[R] New R - recompiling all packages

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Oct 8 15:58:50 CEST 2003

Most packages do not need to be re-installed, but R 1.8.0 has some nicer
formatting of help pages so you may want to do so, and I am reinstalling
all packages that make use of the methods package and so have saved
images.

For Bioconductor you need to ask on their list, but my understanding is
that many of the packages have been updated for 1.8.0 and so you need to
get new versions.  Packages effects and tree have updated versions for
1.8.0 which update.packages() will pick up once your CRAN mirror gets
updated (they are currently in 1.8.0/Other).

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk