[R] Previous Commands

Rau, Roland Rau at demogr.mpg.de
Thu Oct 9 10:10:03 CEST 2003

Dear All,

yesterday I took the R-1.8.0-source file and compiled it on my own. As I am
using Linux just for a couple of weeks, it was my first compiling session
with ./configure, make, ....
Everything went fine, except for one thing: if I want to look at the
commands history by using the cursor keys, it does not work. Instead of
displaying the previous commands, it returns something like "[[A".
Is this a common problem?
Does anyone have a solution?

I had R-1.7.1 installed previously via an RPM-package for my Mandrake 9.1
distribution and everything went fine.

Thanks in advance,
ROland

+++++
This mail has been sent through the MPI for Demographic Research.  Should you receive a mail that is apparently from a MPI user without this text displayed, then the address has most likely been faked.   If you are uncertain about the validity of this message, please check the mail header or ask your system administrator for assistance.