[R] Specifying suitable PC to run R

Roger D. Peng rpeng at jhsph.edu
Thu Oct 9 20:22:37 CEST 2003

On Windows, I find that having as much memory as I can possibly afford
makes a real difference with R.  Since I always end up having larger
datasets/problems then I thought I'd have.  My general strategy is to
maximize the amount of memory first -- if that doesn't work, then think
about getting a faster processor.

-roger