[R] Integration between R & latex

v.demart@libero.it v.demart at libero.it
Sun Oct 12 09:19:12 CEST 2003

As an R absolute beginner and an expert (very old) statistician and latex user,
I'm interested in using R to produce AUTOMAGICALLY tables in latex format. I
mean I would like to have the means to build an R procedure generating **FROM
INSIDE** a table or a graph to be inserted directly into latex.
I've read http://hesweb1.med.virginia.edu/biostat/s/doc/summary.pdf where the
author speaks of S (not R) and Latex integration via a Hmisc library which
allows to make automatic, calculated tables in latex.
Unfortunately this library doesn't seem to be present in R (I tried to follow
the example issuing a "library(Hmisc)" and then, plainly, "library()" but
nothing with the same functions appeared).

Any help on how to set up that integration? And, where can I find
documentation/examples on that?

Thanks

Vittorio