[R] Organized examples for newbyes

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at myway.com
Tue Oct 14 15:45:50 CEST 2003

I have found Paul Johnson's examples very useful:

   http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu/R/doc/statsRus.html

Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 09:20:34 +0200
From: v.demart at libero.it <v.demart at libero.it>

I'm learning R from scratch on my linux box, being deeply biased at work by those graphical programs, nice to look but often poor in content and almost generally limited, running under M$ Windows.

I wonder if someone out there can suggest to an absolute beginner as I am where to find a collection of examples of R-code (or Splus, as I understand) to play with in order to learn R quicker.

The collection should:
1) be in English, or French, or, of course, Italian,
2) be concentrated in one or at most a handful of sites,
3) contain examples of gradually increasing complexity.

Such a collection could be extremely helpful to convince other people at work to move to R.

Thanks & Ciao

Vittorio