[R] mapply() gives seg fault

Robin Hankin rksh at soc.soton.ac.uk
Wed Oct 15 13:16:57 CEST 2003

Thanks for this everyone.

I didn't know that a seg fault was an operating system error message
(in fact, I don't really know what a seg fault is... I'm not a C
programmer, just plain Mr Joe Q Public, R user).

I would say the FAQ makes sense only if you know what kind of error
messages operating systems are likely to report.  Mentioning seg
faults  explicitly  in FAQ-9.1 might be helpful for nonprogrammers
like me.   Something like "a seg fault is always a bug" would be good.

best wishes

robin