[R] Design and Hmisc

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Wed Oct 15 15:47:59 CEST 2003

Shawn Way wrote:

> I'm looking for design and hmisc version 2.0 for R 1.8 for windows.  I've
> found design 2.0 in the downloads for R1.7 but not hmisc.
>
> I've also checked Dr. Harrell's site and it only goes to 1.6 for windows.
>
> Any thoughts?

Yes.

The ReadMe at CRAN/bin/windows/contrib/1.8 (for R-1.8.x) tells us:

'Packages that do not compile out of the box or do not pass
"Rcmd check" with "OK" or at least a "WARNING" will *not* be
published. This "Status", i.e. result of "Rcmd check", is listed in
file "Status". Possible values are "OK", "WARN", and "ERROR".
Corresponding check.log files can be found in subdirectory ./check.'

And you'll find that both packages produce errors:

For Hmisc:

* checking Hmisc-manual.tex ... ERROR
LaTeX errors when creating DVI version.
This typically indicates Rd problems.

And therefore Design has:

* checking package dependencies ... ERROR
Packages required but not available:
   Hmisc

Frank E Harrell (in CC), the maintainer of those packages, might want to
fix it the problem.
Frank, does Hmisc pass make check on another OS? Can you fix it (easily)?

Uwe Ligges