[R] retrieving coefficients from nls() when it fails to converge

Potter, David M david_m_potter at groton.pfizer.com
Thu Oct 16 17:55:29 CEST 2003

Hi --

I am fitting four-parameter logistic regression models using nls(),
typically within the body of a loop.  Sometimes a fit fails to converge and
yet I would like to pull off the coefficients from the last iteration and
use them to compute backfitted (i.e., inverse prediction) values.

Note: To ignore the fit completely, but have the loop continue, I have
successfully used try(), but in this case the fits are sufficient for
getting backfitted values (even though the coefficients are poorly
estimated), so I need the actual coefficients.

R information:

platform i386-pc-mingw32
arch     i386
os       mingw32
system   i386, mingw32
status
major    1
minor    7.1
year     2003
month    06
day      16
language R

Thanks for your help.

David

__
David M. Potter
Groton Nonclinical Statistics
Pfizer Global Research and Development

LEGAL NOTICE\ Unless expressly stated otherwise, this messag...{{dropped}}