[R] R memory and CPU requirements

Deepayan Sarkar deepayan at stat.wisc.edu
Fri Oct 17 00:55:58 CEST 2003

On Thursday 16 October 2003 17:59, Alexander Sirotkin \[at Yahoo\] wrote:
> Thanks for all the help on my previous questions.
>
> One more (hopefully last one) : I've been very
> surprised when I tried to fit a model (using aov())
> for a sample of size 200 and 10 variables and their
> interactions.

That doesn't really say much. How many of these variables are factors ? How
many levels do they have ? And what is the order of the interaction ? (Note
that for 10 numeric variables, if you allow all interactions, then there will
be a 100 terms in your model. This increases for factors.)

In other words, how big is your model matrix ? (See ?model.matrix)

Deepayan