[R] R memory and CPU requirements

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Fri Oct 17 04:04:10 CEST 2003

Dear Alexander,

If I understand you correctly, you have a sample of 200 observations. Even
if you had only two factors with 40 levels each, the main effects and
interactions of these factors would require about 1600 degrees of freedom
-- that is, more than the number of observations. This doesn't make a whole
lot of sense.

I hope that this helps,
  John