[R] Strange behaviour

v.demart@libero.it v.demart at libero.it
Fri Oct 17 12:21:30 CEST 2003

As an absolute beginner I'm reading and practicing with the Verzani doc to learn R.

Now, being an expert latex user who wants to integrate graphical capabilities if R and latex, using the "Simple" library and the simple.scatterplot examples I had a go at:
1)   Including the resulting graph into a doc.snw then compiled through sweave & latex;
2) Produce the graph  in pdf format directly (using pdf(filename) at the very beginning and before issuing the "simple.scatterplot " command) and including it into the latex file via \includegraphics.

In both cases the graph is a set of numbered rectangles. Investigating into the pdf files generated by R I found that they are made of 2 pages: the first contains those nasty rectangles while the second the "right" graph that should be inserted.

The same result comes out if I try the "layout" command example in the help of the same package.

My question is: is there a way to tell R to produce the second page only as a final pdf file?
If not, any suggestion for a way out.

Ciao
Vittorio