[R] R memory and CPU requirements

kjetil@entelnet.bo kjetil at entelnet.bo
Fri Oct 17 15:07:01 CEST 2003

On 17 Oct 2003 at 1:33, Alexander Sirotkin [at Yahoo] wrote:

You mentioned in an earlier post that at least one of your factors
have 40 levels. If you use the default contrast, contrast.traetment,
the design matrix for this factor will be dominated by zeros. Maybe
you shoukd look at tha CRAN package SparseM, which have
function slm for linear models with sparse matrices?

(I did'nt try this , but it could be worthwile)

Still, I don't think it makes much sense to start with a model with
all the interactions in!

Kjetil Halvorsen