[R] Bagplot

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Mon Oct 20 10:22:37 CEST 2003

    Kuantsai> Has anyone ported the Bagplot function by
    Kuantsai> Rousseeuw, Ruts, and Tukey from S to R? The S
    Kuantsai> function comprises a script and a FORTRAN
    Kuantsai> function. I assume porting is relatively
    Kuantsai> uncomplicated, but since I have not done any
    Kuantsai> porting before I would not want to invest the
    Kuantsai> effort if a port is readily available.

Yes, Christian Keller did a semi-port, which I had ``finished''
long ago.
When starting to experiment with it I found that it produced
segfaults (in the Fortran code) semi-stochastically and I never
found the time to figuring out why they happened.  I can have a look and provide
my "bagplot" package as source package -- but not via CRAN as
long the problems mentioned remain.
Can you build R package from the sources?

Regards,
Martin Maechler <maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch>	http://stat.ethz.ch/~maechler/
Seminar fuer Statistik, ETH-Zentrum  LEO C16	Leonhardstr. 27
ETH (Federal Inst. Technology)	8092 Zurich	SWITZERLAND
phone: x-41-1-632-3408		fax: ...-1228			<><