[R] R 1.8 for debian

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Oct 20 19:23:27 CEST 2003

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 06:31:09PM +0200, Martin Wegmann wrote:
> I start running into problems with 1.7. due to packages which are only
> supported by 1.8., therefore I tried to get 1.8. but synaptic only shows up
> with 1.7.. Are there already debian 1.8 packages?

Sure, got uploaded the day of the 1.8 release. You may want to learn how to
point apt at different archives. Debian has 1.8 in unstable; CRAN has it in
testing (thanks to Doug Bates) and even in stable (thanks to Korbinian
Strimmer)

This general question about where to get Debian packages is also answered in
the FAQ with the relevant info about how to connect apt to the CRAN archives.

Dirk

--
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
                                                -- Groucho Marx