[R] select text using only the keyboard

Jason Turner jasont at indigoindustrial.co.nz
Wed Oct 22 20:30:37 CEST 2003

Simon Fear wrote:
> I have a different wish: I want to be able to mouseclick in
> the middle of a line to get the cursor there (as in SPlus).
>
> While I appreciate that to get my wish I should just write
> a little patch, I estimate it would take me about 2 years
> to reach the point where I was capable of it, assuming I
> did nothing else, and I would certainly have to understand
> Windows, which in previous brushes I have found to be
> very bad for the brain.

Or you could get a copy of (X)Emacs, and use ESS.  Total install and
learning warm-up time should be in the order of a week at most.  It does
all these nice things, and much more.  In my short experience with it,
XEmacs plays nicer with ESS under Windows than GNU Emacs - YMMV.

Cheers

Jason
--
Indigo Industrial Controls Ltd.