[R] Weighted Clustering

vishal goyal vigoyal at eden.rutgers.edu
Thu Oct 23 17:41:23 CEST 2003

Hi,

I have read some of the papers on weighted clustering but those weigths
are with respect to variables (say we are clustering height measured in
cms and weights in tons etc) rather than each point itself and hence they
just multiply the distances with the weights. In my case, it is something
like a facility location. Each point has a weight (probability of its
requirement) (all the variables have equal weightage) and i want to
cluster and also move the mean to the point of highest weightage. I know
in deterministic case, this is exactly the facility location problem but i
was hoping to have some simpler-algorithm in probabilitsic case.

Or, did i mis-understand the theory and there is something other than just
multpying the variables with the weights. I would appreciate any reference
or pointer.

Regards
Vishal

email: vigoyal at eden.rutgers.edu