[R] getAttrib segfaults in Windows

Eric Blair ashenfluff at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 23 18:09:29 CEST 2003

Dear R people:

I've written a rather extensive simulation in R, much of which I've
ported to C.  I did all of this in Linux, where it works great. On a
Windows machine, it compiles without errors or warnings, but when it
runs, it segfaults.

Here are the exact lines:

void init(SEXP rho){
  	SEXP v      = findVar(install("vars"), rho);
	getAttrib(v,R_NamesSymbol);
}

It's called using
	vars<-data.frame(delta=.9)
	[...]
	.Call("init", as.environment("package:migration"))

It is the second line of init which fails. For example,

void init(SEXP rho){
  	SEXP v      = findVar(install("vars"), rho);
	VECTOR_ELT(v,0);
}
will return .9 like it's supposed to.

Any suggestions on what's going wrong?

Thanks,

=====
The author of this email does not endorse the following: