[R] repeating colors in graph

Barry Rowlingson B.Rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Oct 23 18:48:24 CEST 2003

Thomas Lumley wrote:

> It isn't, but it works fairly well with well chosen colors (for example,
> linearly interpolating the RColorBrewer sequential or diverging schemes
> gives quite nice color ramps).  It's unlikely to work for producing
> palettes for 13 different lines.

  Indeedy. Perhaps the original poster could also use the line type
(lty) or line width (lwd) parameters to distinguish the lines, along
with colour. Hey, it was all we had until a few years ago!

I'm sure when New Zealand wakes up Ross will want to mention his DSC2003
paper on presentation graphics colours, draft paper here:

  http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/Conferences/DSC-2003/Drafts/Ihaka.pdf

Baz