[R] Rpy Import Error

Brett Magill magillb at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 27 15:57:08 CET 2003

I am trying to install Rpy to test it out as an R
interface for a project that I am working on.
However, I get the following error.  Any clues as to
what might be going on? I have alo tried RSPython, but
I gave up due to errors.  RSPython segfaults when
started from R and gives an error message I can;t
remember from python.  Thanks, Brett

 >>> import rpy
  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
    File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/rpy.py",
line 24, in ?
  import _rpy
  ImportError:
/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/_rpymodule.so:
      undefined symbol: jump_now

I have R-1.8.0 installed as a shared library on a
linux 2.4.22 (slackware 9.1) system, compiled on my
machine with GCC 3.2.3.  I have the most recent
version (0.3.1) of Rpy and python 2.3.1.