[R] Starting and Terminating the JVM for package SJava

ZABALZA-MEZGHANI Isabelle Isabelle.ZABALZA-MEZGHANI at ifp.fr
Mon Oct 27 16:05:52 CET 2003

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a possibility to open an R session via Java
(using the SJava package), then to terminate it, and re-run another.
It seems not to be possible. If this is the case, I would like to understand
where is the problem or the limitation (is it due to the SJava
implementation, to the Java behavior, or to the R application).
In fact, I am interesting in re-starting new R sessions during a same Java
session to manage memory problems in R with large datasets and numerous
commands through SJava interface (just to "clean" memory).

Waiting for your help,

Regards,

Isabelle.

Isabelle Zabalza-Mezghani