[R] Where is rmutil package?

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Wed Oct 29 20:40:20 CET 2003

"Peter Flom" <flom at ndri.org> writes:

> Pursing my earlier question, when I tried loading Lindsey's gnlm, I got
> message

> Warning message:
> There is no package called 'rmutil' in: library(package, character.only
> = TRUE, logical = TRUE, warn.conflicts = warn.conflicts,
>

> According to the R documentation
> http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/doc/html/packages.html
>
> rmutil is in the standard library.....

It's *been installed* in the "standard library" on the machine that
serves those pages, along with just about everything in sight... It is
another one of Jim Lindsey's packages, so you need to get it from his
website.

(The maintainers of the site might want to take note of this possible
misunderstanding. I believe that splitting the R library into several
directories and setting R_LIBS would make the listing more readable.)

> If I ignore the message and try fitting a model with one of the
> functions in gnlm (e.g. fmr)  I get an error that it coudn't find the
> function 'finterp'

Not surprising...