[R] spatial outliers

Monica Palaseanu-Lovejoy monica.palaseanu-lovejoy at stud.man.ac.uk
Thu Oct 30 18:51:15 CET 2003

Hello everybody,

I have some questions about identifying spatial clustering in
spatial autocorrelated data. It seems that there are some
problems with the usual methods for cluster identification
because they don’t take into consideration the spatial
autocorrelation of data.

I am wondering if there is any R procedure / packages which
implement the OPTICS method? I am referring here to Ankerst
et. al., 1999, OPTICS: Ordering Points to Identify the
Clustering Structure, Proc. ACM SIGMOD’99 Int. Conf. On
Management of Data, Philadelphia, PA,
{ HYPERLINK "http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/~joerg/papers/OPTICS-final.pdf" }http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/~joerg/papers/OPTICS-final.pdf

Any help, as usual, is greatly appreciated,

Monica