[R] question about optim

Mikyoung Jun jun at galton.uchicago.edu
Fri Oct 31 20:34:07 CET 2003

Hello,

When we use optim and run into errors, such as generates NA/NaN/Inf, and
the routine stops because of this error, is there a way to print the
values of the argument of the functions where the error occurs?
For example, I am doing minimizing negative log likelihood and when the
optim stops because of those errors, I'd like to know what was the
parameter values at that time. I heard nlm has something called
"print.level" and I am wondering there is a way for optim as well. Thank
you.

Mikyoung Jun