[R] Re: packaging a package addon

Ross Boylan ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Fri Oct 31 22:37:59 CET 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-31 at 13:29, Prof Brian Ripley wrote:
> I would do 1 3 2  as R CMD check works on a source dir, not a .tar.gz.
>
> Your mileage may vary and all that.
I'm not following something.  1 3 2 was what I was doing.  I thought you
said (below on Fri) that you'd do 2, then 3.  I may be misunderstanding
what the phrase "installed and loaded the package" means.  I thought
installing and loading it referred to doing an R CMD build to make the
package, and then R CMD INSTALL on the result.

--
Ross Boylan                                      wk:  (415) 502-4031
530 Parnassus Avenue (Library) rm 115-4          ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Dept of Epidemiology and Biostatistics           fax: (415) 476-9856
University of California, San Francisco
San Francisco, CA 94143-0840                     hm:  (415) 550-1062