[R] readcsvIts() to create irregular time series

Heywood, Giles Giles.Heywood at CommerzbankIB.com
Mon Sep 1 16:43:50 CEST 2003

Jan

The function readcsvIts reads a csv file into a matrix.  To convert
the matrix into an 'its', apply the its function to the matrix.

So for your example

its.format("%m/%d/%Y")
test­ <- its(readcsvIts(filename))
is.its(test)

"TRUE"

The its documentation for readcsvIts states incorrectly that an 'its'
object is returned, so your confusion is understandable.  I will correct
this in the next release.

Giles