[R] Error in making R-1.6.2.

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Sep 2 07:15:10 CEST 2003

You sent that to R-help, not `Rolf'.  He was using Solaris 9, and
that sort of error message is normally a symptom of using a version of gcc
compiled for a different version of Solaris.  gcc `fixes' the system
header files, of the version it is compiled under.

So I suggest checking the compiler/OS match.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk