[R] laplace transform

Andrew C. Ward s195404 at student.uq.edu.au
Fri Sep 5 07:03:51 CEST 2003

Dear Luca,

I don't think that R has a built-in function for doing
Laplace or inverse Laplace transforms. I remember having to
use an IMSL routine (INLP, I think) to do this many years
ago. When I looked at the article that the algorithm was
based on, I found that as an example the author showed how
well the method worked when inverting 1/s! Presumably,
things have improved since then.

A Google search of (numerical "inverse laplace transform")
yields a number of references that should get you started.
If you write some R code to do this, think about submitting
it to CRAN. Even though a lot of R/S code is devoted to
statistical methods, there's no reason at all why all kinds
of other things can't be written.

Regards,

Andrew C. Ward

CAPE Centre