[R] Putting regression lines on SPLOM

(Ted Harding) Ted.Harding at nessie.mcc.ac.uk
Fri Sep 5 17:04:34 CEST 2003

Another query:

I'm now trying to have the x- and y-axes all on the same scale
(0:15) in every panel, whereas the default behaviour of splom
is to scale them according to the ranges of the individual
variables in each panel.

So I tried (emulating the responses to my earlier query):

  splom(log(1+DF), panel = function(x, y, ... ) {
        panel.xyplot(x, y, xlim=c(0,15),ylim=c(0,15))
       })

And it appears that the 'xlim' and 'ylim' specifications are
ignored (i.e. the behaviour is exactly the same as

  splom(log(1+DF)).

?panel.xyplot refers you to ?xyplot for "further arguments",
and ?xyplot certainly specifies the above form for specifying
x- and y-limits. I think ...

With thanks as always for any help,
Ted.

Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 167 1972