[R] memory problem in exporting data frame

array chip arrayprofile at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 8 20:07:10 CEST 2003

Hi,

I am having trouble of exporting a large data frame
out of R to be used in other purpose. The data frame
is numeric with size 17000x400. It takes a quite some
time to start R as well. my computer has 1GB RAM. I
used the following command to write the data frame to
a text file and got the error message below:

> write.table(xxx, "C:\\xxx", sep="\t",
row.names=FALSE,col.names=FALSE,quote=FALSE)

Error: cannot allocate vector of size 55750 Kb
In addition: Warning message:
Reached total allocation of 1023Mb: see
help(memory.size)

I tried to increase the memory size by
memory.size(size=), but it seems running the above
command takes forever.

what can I do with this error message to get the data
out?

Thanks