[R] No joy installing R with shared libs.

Aleksey Naumov naumov at buffalo.edu
Tue Sep 9 01:24:24 CEST 2003

Douglas,

I don't use RSPython, but I had the same problem with RPy: segfault in
python the moment I try to load RPy: 'import rpy'.
The problem happened in R 1.7.0 and was fixed by upgrading to R 1.7.1, I
think it was traced to conflicting regex functions in libc and R (see
http://rpy.sourceforge.net). So I'd try to install R 1.7.1 if you don't
have it...

Best,
Aleksey