[R] lattice plot - portrait / landscape

Andrew C. Ward s195404 at student.uq.edu.au
Tue Sep 9 12:48:23 CEST 2003

Dear Manbub,

I assume that you mean you want the boxes to be vertical
rather than horizontal (which is the default). Compare the
following two uses of bwplot:
   data(singer)
   bwplot(voice.part ~ height, data=singer, xlab="Height
(inches)")
   bwplot(height ~ voice.part, data=singer, ylab="Height
(inches)", horizontal=FALSE)

If by some chance you wish to change the orientation of a
saved graph, you'll find that the postscript device has an
argument horizontal that affects the orientation of the
printed image. See ?postscript for all the glorious details.

If you mean something else entirely, perhaps you'd better
rephrase the question :)

Regards,

Andrew C. Ward

CAPE Centre