[R] Making R packages

Gattuso, Jean-Pierre gattuso at obs-vlfr.fr
Tue Sep 9 14:39:53 CEST 2003

Hi:

I am posting this message for a colleague who has
a lot of trouble to build an R package on
Windows. He did not find a solution to his
problems on the R-help archives and hopes that
one of the R gurus will be able to help.

He has a directory "CO2" which should contain all
the required files and directories:
	DATA:
	DESCRIPTION
	MAN:
	R:
	README
	SRC:

The following command is run in a windows console:
	C:\Program Files\R\rw1071\bin\rcmd INSTALL D:\CO2

Then he gets the following error (approximate
translation of a French message) :
	"Perl is not recognized as an internal or
external command, an executable file or a command
file"

Perl has of course been installed on the PC and
my colleague has the "Tools" file. He does not
know what is wrong although he suspects that
environment variables (which ones?) must be
changed.

Any help would be appreciated.

jp

Jean-Pierre Gattuso | mailto:gattuso at obs-vlfr.fr