[R] Need your help-SOS

Thomas W Blackwell tblackw at umich.edu
Wed Sep 10 14:52:10 CEST 2003

WeiQiang  -

As I read it, both difficulties arise on the DCOM side,
not in the R syntax.  Problem 1, and I'm just guessing,
could arise if you are not allowed to overwrite the
value of "Result" in the DCOM environment.  Try again,
using two different variable names in the two successive
lines.

Problem 2 would seem to have something to do with the
DCOM syntax for subscripting an array.  Inside R, the
syntax would be to use square brackets for subscripting x,
thus,  x[1,1] would return the upper left corner element.

I have no knowledge of DCOM, so I don't know how the
command  Response.write Result(1,1)  gets interpreted.

-  tom blackwell  -  u michigan medical school  -  ann arbor  -