[R] insert eps into microsft word

Marc Schwartz MSchwartz at medanalytics.com
Wed Sep 10 19:22:24 CEST 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-10 at 12:12, Karim Elsawy wrote:
> it seems that word can not read encapsupalted postscripts generated by R
> I used this command
>
> postscript("output.eps",horizontal=F,onefile=TRUE)
> since onefile=TRUE produces an encapsualted postscript
>
> actually what I'm trying to do is to insert the postsript file into a
> word document
> since other formats like jpeg and bmp do not reproduce the same quality
> like postscript
> formats
>

> any suggestions are very much appreciated
> Karim

Try this syntax:

postscript("output.eps", horizontal = FALSE, onefile = FALSE,
           paper = "special")

Take note of the instructions in the Details section of ?postscript and
also re-read the description of 'onefile' ('**' are my add):

"logical: if true (the default) allow multiple figures in one file. **If
false**, generate a file name containing the page number and use an EPSF
header and no DocumentMedia comment."

HTH,

Marc Schwartz