[R] what does this error mean?

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sat Sep 13 21:42:01 CEST 2003

cor.test does not have an na.action argument unless used with the formula
interface, when it is better to use na.action=na.omit, not "na.omit".

The error message occurs if less than 2 rows are completely non-missing.
So take a closer look at your data.

BTW, I would compare the different methods of cor.test, not cor.test with
cor, to check I really had this right.

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 szhan at uoguelph.ca wrote:

> Dear R-users:
> I am runing R 1.6.2 with Windows XP. I try to calculate Pearson correlation

That's long obselete, as you know.

> and Spearman correlation of any pairwise columns of 8000 x 80 data
> matrix with missing values and randomize the matix 1000 times and
> calculate this two correlations again. The code bellow for Pearson is
> working fine but for Spearman got the error bellow for randomized data
> matrix and R console is stop working:

And what does that last phrase mean?  (And `bellow' is not something you
should do on a public list.)

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk