[R] Unable to plot dataframes

ucgamdo@ucl.ac.uk ucgamdo at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Sep 15 11:51:41 CEST 2003

I moved recently from R in windows to R in linux, and have found out that I
cannot plot data frames. I think is an error related to the X server,
however, I haven't got the slighliest clue of what to do. To be more
specific this is a typical example of what happens to me:

> x <- data.frame(cbind(rnorm(50), rnorm(50), rnorm(50)))

> plot(x)

Error in text.default(x, y, cex = cex, font = font)
	X11 font of size 16 could not be loaded

# well, the actual details of the error might be slightly different
# a new graphics display appears on the screen and only one empty square is
drawn in the upper left corner
# of the graphics window.

Does anyone know what is the source of this problem or how to fix it?

Thanks,
M.