[R] how to print a plot

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Sep 16 08:38:56 CEST 2003

You did use dev.off() to finish the plots before trying to look at them?
The symptoms you report are what happens if you did not.

There is no ps() function in R: the postscript device is postscript() not
ps().

If you want to print a plot, try dev.print.  If you want to copy to a
file, try dev.copy2eps.  (You are on Linux, where EPS is more widely
acceptable than PDF.)