[R] RSPython crashes (using R 1.7.1 under Solaris 5.9)

michael schmitt ms99_2000 at yahoo.de
Tue Sep 16 14:16:10 CEST 2003

Hello.
I tried to install RSPython on Solaris 5.9.

After compiling R with --enable-R-shlib, I try to
install RSPython using "R INSTALL --clean RSPython".
This led to an error complaining about missing
"libutil", wich seems not to exist on Solaris.
Therefore I just removed the "-lutil" entry in
"configure" and tried to install again. The
installation worked without problems, but after
calling python and importing "RS" the python
interpreter immediately crashes with a segmentation
fault.

Thanks for any hints.
Michael