[R] Using POSIX?t rather than "chron" or "date"

Jason Turner jasont at indigoindustrial.co.nz
Wed Sep 17 22:55:27 CEST 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 19:03, Gabor Grothendieck wrote:
> The problem with POSIXt is that you must consider timezones
> and daylight vs.  standard time issues even if you don't want
> to.
> I had previously suggested that we either put chron into the base
> or create a new timezone-less version of POSIXt to complement what
> is already in the base.  See:

When I don't want to be bothered with time zones, DST, etc, I set all
time zones to UTC.  Works fine for me.  I'd love to say I thought of it
myself, but it's an old trick frequently used in industrial real-time
control systems that have daylight savings features when they're not
welcome.

Cheers

Jason
--