[R] list subsets & passing parameters question.

Thomas W Blackwell tblackw at umich.edu
Fri Sep 19 15:27:31 CEST 2003

Eryk  -

Question 1:  Square brackets work, just the same as for
vectors, and return a (smaller or larger) list object.
The new thing with lists, not available (or needed) with
vectors, is double square brackets, which return one list
element as itself, not enclosed in a list.
See  help("Subscript").

Question 2:  No, I don't think there's a way to pass a
whole string of parameters without some kind of complicated
 eval(parse(...)) syntax (which I've never tried to use myself).

I will comment that the REASON I have never tried to use
this is that I am running R inside of emacs, so it's much
easier to edit the buffer and modify and re-run a command
than it would be to figure out some fancy syntactic way of
doing it.

-  tom blackwell  -  u michigan medical school  -  ann arbor  -