[R] Updating a linear model

Paul Meagher paul at datavore.com
Mon Sep 22 21:02:56 CEST 2003

My google search for Plackett's Algorithm didn't return too much except that
Plackett's algorithm appears to be useful in Control Theory - it is
elaborated as "Plackett's algorithm for on-line recursive least squares
estimation".  Sounds something like what I want.

I am looking at developing a user modelling type app (new data points coming
in and wanting to dynamically update regression co-efficients for each user)
which could be viewed as a type of control problem.

Regards,
Paul