[R] (Fwd) Re: goodfit macro

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Tue Sep 23 17:29:42 CEST 2003

Michael Shott wrote:

> Dear R-Help:
>
> As you can see, Prof. Friendly refers me to your site for an
> executable version of vcd.  I don't mean to be obtuse, but 15 minutes
> spent exploring your site failed to locate a downloadable version of the
> vcd package to which he referred.
>
> I know plainly what this application can do.  What I need to know is
> how to obtain the application itself.
>
> My thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
>
> MS

Well, vcd is a contributed package, not a stand-alone executable.
At first, you need to intstall R, after that, just type
   install.packages("vcd")
if you are connected to the internet, and the package will be installed.
Then, you can use the function:
   library(vcd)
   goodfit(.....)

But you will need to learn some basics of R at first, e.g. from "An
Introduction to R" (a manual that comes with R), in order to import your
data etc.

Uwe Ligges